We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, proactive and result-oriented Marketing Account Manager to join our growing Australia team at Acorn Strategy. The successful candidate for this role should be well versed in integrated strategic marketing with exceptional interpersonal communication, attention to detail, organisation and project management skills. This is a strategic and executional role so you must be both a critical thinker and a solution-oriented deliverer, whilst also being comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
This role will be the driving force behind the success of every client projects. Day to day, they will align projects with business goals, construct detailed work plans, keep projects on schedule and within scope and budget, while working towards high efficiencies and flawless execution. They will also support strategy development and marketing projects that help both Acorn Strategy and clients achieve targeted objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We encourage all Acorners to adopt a self-directed approach towards managing their work and prioritise their tasks according to their best judgment factoring in the business needs, and competing deadlines.
As a self-motivated part of the growing Australia team, you’ll play a key role in liaising between client’s and teams across the agency. You are responsible for managing the client relationship and ensuring the outcomes are delivered to the Acorn Strategy standards and are within timeframes, budgets and service level agreements. In addition to the practical management, you will also contribute to developing strategic solutions that respond to client goals, support Acorn Strategy’s business development and coordinate multiple projects to ensure deliverables remain aligned to the client’s strategy.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT (Approx 45%)
- Lead and manage multiple Acorn client accounts on a day-to-day basis and with minimal supervision and guidance, fully understanding the brief, in-depth nature and uniqueness of the client’s core business.
- Develop and implement a monthly account calendar for each client (where applicable), along with corresponding marketing and PR activities and content, ensuring the proposed tactical plan is in accordance with the client contract and doesn’t exceed contracted hours per month.
- Ensure that any marketing and PR content is of a high quality, engaging, creative, innovative and aligned with scheduled or ad-hoc campaigns (as agreed in the Service Level Agreement).
- Where applicable and operationally possible, identify and propose opportunities for the placement of retainer clients in targeted, high-level media and blog opportunities.
- Work with and brief internal teams and external suppliers (as required) on the implementation of work components for clients, including ensuring there are clear briefs, timelines are agreed and delivery against project plans.
- Keep abreast and monitor media for industry insights, trends, opportunities for clients and proactive business development prospects. This may include regularly reviewing newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, digital and social media sites and blogs.
- Collate, analyse and evaluate reports on assigned clients’ accounts as per the Service Level Agreements.
- Review the creative design of client materials or any other ad-hoc tasks related to activities of Acorn’s clients on a monthly retainer.
- Identify and propose ways to improve Acorn client service delivery, either in areas PR, Marketing, Creative Content creation or social media presence.
MARKETING & STRATEGY (Approx 40%)
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Lead the execution of marketing projects from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Work with the General Manager Australia in the development of client strategies, including undertaking research, collating information and formulating strategic and tactical recommendation for client strategies.
- Analyse customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful brand, marketing and communication strategies
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Ensure that all final outputs, and visual design presented to the client or distributed on client’s behalf, is on brand, meets high quality standards and aligns to target audiences both in messaging and reach, to achieve the clients’ brand and marketing objectives
- Contribute to the positioning of Acorn Strategy in the agency’s marketing efforts including working with the internal teams on content strategy and content development (eg: social media posts, blog development, web updates, showreels etc) and proposing ways we can improve marketing of the agency when needed.
- From time to time assist with market research related activities /tasks.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & ADMINISTRATION (Approx 15%)
- Support the General Manager, Australia during the development of client pitch proposals.
- Proactively identify opportunities and undertake outreach from network for ongoing business development.
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings ensuring key actions are followed up and, where relevant, communicated to relevant stakeholders or team members with clear timelines.
- Management of client work in the agency’s project management system (Monday.com) to ensure team members are across deadlines and needs of the client.
- Support the management of the Australia freelancer pool
PROFESSIONALISM – ACORN GOLDEN RULES - AIM FOR 100%
- Consistently meet standards and requirements
- Manage peers’ and clients’ expectations
- Demonstrate company’s values
- Follow internal processes and procedures
- Maintain a professional and cordial relationship with fellow Acorners
WORKING WITH OTHERS
- You will work interdependently with your fellow Acorners in an integrated capacity!
External – you will also work with:
- Assigned retainer clients.
- Strategic partners and stakeholders.
- Third party contractors or freelancers i.e., photographers, videographers, copywriters etc
- Partner agencies i.e.: market researchers
RELEVANT SOFT SKILLS / APTITUDE
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- Able to build a collaborative relationship with all internal team members, third party stakeholders and clients.
- Solid project and/or account management skills with an ability to simultaneously deliver on multiple tasks, projects and accounts in a cross- functional environment, fully aware of timelines and deadlines associated with each campaign, project or other deliverables.
- Experience using a project management system i.e. Monday.com, Planner, Astana preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of integrated marketing tactics, corporate communication and media relations.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex concepts and ideas into clear communications
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Fantastic written and verbal communication, presentation, editing and proofreading skills
- Strategic problem solver who thinks outside the box
- Results-orientated individual who can recommend and execute solutions
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite.
- Self-aware and open to a constructive ‘360’ feedback.