We are on the hunt for a Finance Manager to join our growing Australian team. This role will have a direct impact on driving the future of Acorn Strategy's operations. The successful candidate for this role requires strong communication skills, flexibility and efficiency. They will tackle the challenges of this position and ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times. There is a huge opportunity for progression in this role as we continue to grow as an agency, so you should possess exceptional work ethic and the willingness to go above and beyond to complete tasks while maintaining a supportive, empowering and positive attitude.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be highly analytical with the ability to provide advise where necessary from a financial management perspective. You will be responsible for integrating finance operations, forecasting, and budgeting across Acorn Strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive company that has a culture of high performance and growth.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedure for the company
- Identify new metrics to drive business performance relative to strategic priorities while minimizing risk
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and maintaining compliance
- Execute accurate monthly financial reporting, enabling yourself to analyze options and make financial recommendations
- Prepare the annual budgets and support with the business planning process
- Prepare financial forecasts
- Ongoing reporting and metric analysis across the business, identifying performance gaps and root cause; providing insightful analysis and commentary on financial risks
- Review internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial information
- Drive process improvement and automation initiatives
- Provide insight on spending trends and cost-savings initiatives and margin opportunities
- Work with the account management team and operations team to ensure project margins are reported
- Ensure intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and backed with suitable documentation that meets accounting standards
- Review of monthly general ledger reconciliations prepared by the Accountant
- Provide insight into business performance against competitor and industry trends that will help support the leadership team with long term and short-term decision making
- Manage relationships with bankers, auditors, and tax authorities
PROFESSIONALISM – ACORN GOLDEN RULES
- Consistently meet standards and requirements
- Manage peers’ and clients’ expectations
- Demonstrate company’s values
WORKING WITH OTHERS
- You will work closely with the business operations team and provide financial support and advice to the General Managers of each region Acorn Strategy operates.
External – you will also work with:
- Strategic partners and stakeholders;
- Banks, auditors, and tax authorities
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in finance , economics, ACAA/CIMA/ACA.
- Minimum 8 year’s experience within the marketing and communications, or professional services industry
- International experience a strong advantage
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software such as Xero or similiar
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Excellent time management, problem solving ability, and attention to detail
- Personal integrity; ability to keep company confidences
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite.
- Self-aware and open to a constructive ‘360’ feedback