ASSOCIATE MANAGER – EVENTS (SECONDMENT)
We are looking for an Associate Manager experienced in business and consumer events. The ideal candidate is passionate, creative, and detail oriented, and dedicated to providing excellent client service. They will also have excellent stakeholder management and leadership skills, as well as strong networking and destination marketing experience. This is an exciting role which demands an expert in all aspects of attracting meetings, incentives and conferences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Engage and cultivate relationships with potential clients to grow business awareness.
- Strategise and build the business development approach & proposition.
- Build relationships with key business development stakeholders.
- Develop & manage the respective business guides & fact sheets on all event spaces.
- Attract and secure high profile corporate meetings and incentive travel groups.
- Responding to clients needs by developing proposals that are compelling, creative, within required timelines.
- Manage the bidding process end-to-end including strategy development, liaison and communications.
- Manage the incentive funds & develop the respective strategy to allocate.
- Manage and co-ordinate participation in relevant international trade shows to generate business leads for the destination and grow channels to drive business events.
- Ensure collaboration (operational and planning) for major business events and chair the regular business event meetings.
- Prepare reports to reflect on the overall and individual performance of the meetings & incentive travel unit.
- Working on consumer events including managing the contracting & day to day relationship with key stakeholders.
- Excellent internal and external communications experience
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent
- 4 + years of experience in Tourism/Destination Marketing and at least 1 year in a managerial role
- Strong expertise in development of country tourism /destination tourism