JOB TITLE: Account Director - Energy Sector
BASED: UAE based
REPORTING TO: Group Account Director
AVAILABILITY: Immediate start
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, proactive and result-oriented Account Director to join agency side at Acorn Strategy. The successful candidate for this role should be well versed in integrated marketing with exceptional interpersonal communication, attention to detail, organisation and project management skills. This is a strategic and executional role so you must be both a critical thinker and a solution-oriented deliverer, whilst also being comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Lead and manage multiple Acorn client accounts on a day-to-day basis, fully understanding the brief, in-depth nature and uniqueness of the client’s core business, whilst continuously leading and guiding other members of the Acorn team assigned on the same client account;
- Develop and implement, or delegate in a clear and structured manner, a monthly account calendar for each client (where applicable), along with corresponding marketing and PR activities and content, ensuring the proposed tactical plan is in accordance with the client contract and doesn’t exceed contracted hours per month;
- Ensure that any marketing and PR content is of a high quality, engaging, creative, innovative and aligned with scheduled or ad-hoc campaigns (as agreed in the Service Level Agreement);
- Where applicable and operationally possible, identify and propose opportunities for the placement of retainer clients in targeted, high-level media and blog opportunities;
- Ensure that the final content, along with the graphic design and other collateral, presented to the client or distributed on client’s behalf, will reach the target audiences and promote clients’ brand-focused messages;
- Build strong relationships and networks with clients, Acorn colleagues, bloggers, influencers and the media;
- Actively guide, lead and coach junior members of the Acorn team, especially in marketing and PR activities related to your assigned clients’ contracts;
- Monitor the traditional media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, digital and social media sites and blogs, for opportunities and trends;
- Collate, analyse and evaluate reports on assigned clients’ accounts as per the Service Level Agreements;
- Review and approve the creative design of client collaterals or any other ad-hoc tasks related to activities of Acorn’s clients on a monthly retainer;
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE:
- BA/BS in a relevant field or advanced degree strongly preferred;
- Energy experience preferred
- Excellent value-based and authentic leadership skills; BA
- Able to build a collaborative relationship with all internal team members, third party stakeholders and clients;
- Solid project and/or account management skills with an ability to simultaneously deliver on multiple tasks, projects and accounts in a cross-functional environment, fully aware of timelines and deadlines associated with each campaign, project or other deliverable; Experience using a project management system i.e. Monday.com, Planner, Astana preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of integrated marketing tactics, corporate communication and media relations;
- Solid working experience in advertising, copywriting, content creation, press releases and brand marketing experience, proofreading and editing;
- Effective communication and organisational skills;
- Self-aware and open to a constructive ‘360’ feedback;
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN:
- Hybrid working model, 2 days per week in the office
- Half day on Fridays
- Option to work from our Dubai or Abu Dhabi offices
- Flexible working hours
- Work from anywhere for up to one month per year
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Share Scheme
- Internal/external training opportunities to advance career development
ABOUT ACORN STRATEGY
Voted Large Agency of the Year 2021 and winner of multiple international awards, Acorn Strategy is a full-service communications consultancy with offices in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Melbourne, Perth, and London, and an ever-expanding client roster. We are an integrated marketing, public relations, and digital consultancy that delivers sharp, agile, and creative strategies to help grow our clients’ business.
We understand that our success depends on recruiting and retaining the highest quality individuals. We have created an environment for people to grow and learn through a culture that empowers creativity, innovation, and professionalism. The core values we live by are collaboration, agility, bravery, curiosity, and growth.
Over the years we have come to realise that although each of our team members are unique, we each share a series of personal traits that have successfully linked us culturally as a team and as an agency at large.
ACORN STRATEGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to creating and building a respectful and empowering environment. We aim to create an inclusive workplace that supports our diversity and increases our potential to produce work that better represents and resonates with the world around us.